The global dental imaging market size was valued at US$ 2.86 billion in 2021 and is expected to hit US$ 9.6 billion by 2030, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.1% from 2022 to 2030.
One of the major factors driving the growth of global dental imaging market is growing burden of dental disorders. According to World Health Organization (WHO) report from March 2020, oral disorders impact approximately 3.5 billion people globally, and severe gum disorders which can lead to tooth loss is also highly frequent, affecting nearly 10% of the worldwide population. Hence, these figures show the surge in demand for dental imaging all around the globe.
The global dental imaging market is expanding due to adoption of innovative technologies. In addition, the growing research and development activities in dental radiology is also paving way for the growth and development of global dental imaging market. Moreover, computer aided manufacturing and computer aided design are widely used in dental imaging. All these factors are creating growth opportunities for the global dental imaging market.
Report Scope of the Dental Imaging Market
|Market Size by 2030
||USD 9.6 Billion
|Growth Rate from 2022 to 2030
||CAGR of 16.1%
|Fastest Growing Market
||2022 to 2030
||Type, Product, Application, End User, Geography
||Envista Holdings Corporation, PLANMECA OY, ACTEON Group, Carestream Dental LLC, Owandy Radiology, Midmark Corporation, Asahi Roentgen Co. Ltd, Ningbo Runyes Medical Instrument Co. Ltd, Align Technology Inc., FONA Italy
The intraoral segment dominated the dental imaging market in 2021. 1.4 billion dental imaging were performed in the U.S. previous year, with operations involving intraoral and extraoral dental imaging, with intraoral dental imaging accounting for over 90% of the total.
The analog segment accounted largest revenue share in 2021. The analog devices are considered as traditional type of dental imaging devices. But now also many dental practitioners and doctors use analog devices over digital devices.
The cosmetic dentistry segment dominated the dental imaging market in 2021. The cosmetics dentistry is gaining traction globally due to the growing trend of esthetics. The two types of dental imaging are used in cosmetics dentistry. They are intraoral and extraoral dental imaging.
North America dominated the dental imaging market in 2021. The growth of dental imaging market in North America region is attributed to the growing prevalence of dental diseases. In addition, major market players are adopting new strategies for the research and development in dental imaging market.
- Dentsply Sirona modified two imaging products in September 2018 that are Orthophos SL software and Sidexis 4 imaging software for extraoral imaging. The new characteristics are designed to fulfil the practical needs of dental practitioners such as better picture performance and quality.
- Apteryx Imaging Inc. and 4th-IR announced a collaboration in September 2019 to create artificial intelligence (AI) solutions for dental digital imaging.
- Vatech, a worldwide dental imaging gadget maker, announced the opening of an e-commerce site in India in August 2021. This move is part of Vatech’s larger plan to expand its business holdings in several countries.
- The KaVo ORTHOPANTOMOGRAPH OP 3D, which features a cephalometric version, was announced in July 2019 by Envista Holdings Corporation, giving the company’s existing product range even more variety.
- Owandy Radiology Inc., a worldwide pioneer in dental radiology software and hardware got FDA 510 (k) clearance in November 2018 for their unique 3D wall mounted panoramic digital radiography machine.
Envista Holdings Corporation
Carestream Dental LLC
Asahi Roentgen Co. Ltd
Ningbo Runyes Medical Instrument Co. Ltd
Align Technology Inc.